2021 OCWS Wine Auction Recap
Going Once, Going Twice…Gone! And it’s a wrap on the 2021 OCWS Wine Auction! Thank you to all of the amazing volunteers who made this event possible. We had over 70 volunteers help in making this a very successful event. A special thanks to my committee, who has been working since 2020 when we first thought this Auction would have to be held online. In the spring of 2021, we finally received word that we could hold the event in person and secured a venue at the OC Fair & Event Center for October!
2021 OCWS Wine Auction Committee Members:
- Chris Bruce – Check-out
- Hank Bruce – Facilities
- Damian Christian – Volunteers / Staff
- Kevin Donnelly – Computers
- Ellen Flynn – Administration
- Rochelle Randel – Event Food / Wine
- Bill Redding – Wine Inventory / Advisor
- Janet Riordan – Check-out
- Greg Risling – Facilities
- Rich Skoczylas – Event Food / Wine
At big thank you to all of the volunteers who stepped up to help and make this event a huge success!
The OCWS Wine Auction is one of our major fundraising events and helps support the organizations’ year-round activities and programs such as the OC Fair Commercial Wine Competition, Scholarship Fund, and more! This Auction replaced both the 2020 and 2021 Wine Auctions that were scheduled in the spring.
The event was a huge success thanks to our members who bid against each other for their favorite lots. Thank you to our highest bidders, who included: C.K. & Laurel Allen, Dave Beach, Hank & Chris Bruce, Dennis & Gloria DeRosia, and Kathy & William Schymick.
Here are some highlights and fun facts about this year’s Auction:
- Attendees: 200 (one of the highest numbers in the history of this event)
- Silent Auction Lots: 1407
- Lowest Priced: $29
- Highest Priced: $180
- Verbal Lots: 104
- Lowest Priced: $45
- Highest Priced: $270
- PYOL Lots Sold: 96
- Feet of Paper Used on Silent Auction Tables: Over 500
- Bottles of Wine Consumed: 120
- Bratwurst Sliders Consumed: Over 190
- Sheet Pans of Apple Tart Consumed: 3
- Large Pumpkin Pies Consumed: 5
- Pounds Lifted of Wine: Over 81,000
- Gross Revenue for Event: Over $100,000
If you missed your opportunity to stock up on wine, you won’t have to wait long for your next opportunity! The 2022 OCWS Wine Auction is scheduled for Saturday, April 9, 2022 at the OC Fair & Event Center. We are currently forming a committee to help put on next year’s event, so contact me if you are interested in serving on this great team of dedicated volunteers at Carolyn@ocws.org!
We look forward to seeing you at the 2022 OCWS Wine Auction! Cheers!
– Carolyn Christian, Director/Wine Auction Chair