2019 Courtyard at the OC Fair
Our biggest fundraiser of the year will be upon us sooner than we can imagine, and the foundation for this year’s success has now been in the works for several months. As most of you already know, it takes several hundred OCWS volunteers to run The Courtyard each year. For your planning purposes, please keep in mind the following:
- This year’s OC Fair runs from July 12 through August 11
- Invitations to those of you being invited to manager, cashier or steward will be emailed by the end of January
- Sign-ups for managers will begin on April 1
- Sign-ups for cashiers and stewards will begin on April 15
- Sign-ups for servers will begin on May 1
One very exciting and much needed addition this year will be new, integrated cash registers/credit card machines. Anyone invited to manage or cashier will be required to be trained on the new machines sometime in February or March in order to be assigned requested shifts. Dates for these sessions will be provided in your invitation. It is of the utmost importance that everyone is properly trained this year.
We will also be having, as in the past few years, training sessions for stewards and servers sometime in June and early July and will gladly train anyone else at that time interested in learning the new registers with the intention of possibly cashiering. These dates will be posted at a later time.
We look forward to your participation and all the fun and laughter that go along with working The Courtyard during Fair time. Thank you.
– Fran Gitsham & Brian McDonald, Courtyard Chairs