The support of the judges at the Commercial Wine Competition knows no bounds. With the exception of a small stipend, competition judges pay their own way to attend and participate in the judging process. Each year a handful of judges donate their stipends to create a Judge’s Scholarship, which is then granted in their honor by the OCWS. This year we extend our heartfelt appreciation to those judges who collectively donated $1,600.00 toward our mission of scholarship fundraising for grants in enology, viticulture, and culinary arts.
Special thanks to the following judges for their kindness and generosity:
- Tondi Bolkan, Francis Ford Coppola Winery
- Onodine Chattan, Geyser Peak Winery
- John Kane, Fetzer Vineyards
- Steve Lohr, J. Lohr Winery
- Lisa Russell, Korbel Champagne Cellars
- H. Marty Spate, Blossom Hill
- Fred Weibel, Jr., Weibel Family Vineyards and Winery
- Evelyn Taft, Taft Street Winery
We urge all our OCWS members, whose paths may at times cross with these generous people in their travels, to please thank them personally and relay to them just how much their caring ways mean to all of us.
– Fran Gitsham, Director