It’s time to bring live fun back to the OCWS, while helping the organization rebound from this past COVID dominated year by volunteering at The Courtyard at this year’s OC Fair.
Volunteer opportunities will be here before you know it! So plan accordingly, as all willing hands and wonderful hearts will be needed and greatly appreciated.
- Servers—Sign ups open May 1 on the OCWS website—sign up now to secure your shifts
- Managers, Stewards & Cashiers—check your inbox (and spam folder) for invitations to sign up for these positions
- Dates for set-up, decorating and tear-down work parties will be announced June 1
- Dates for refresher training sessions will be announced June 1
We are sure you are all wondering what this year will look like. It will be a different year, to say the least: COVID, no congregating, a restricted year in that we are only being allowed to do a “wine by the glass” fundraiser which means no award tasting, no seminars, and no Featured Winery Program. Congregating will be allowed only in specifically designated areas throughout the fairgrounds. Food and drinks will be allowed in The Courtyard at tables around the perimeter thereby allowing whatever social distancing is required at the time for sales lines within The Courtyard.
More details will follow as we get closer to Fair time and OCFEC confirmations. In the meantime, if you have ANY questions at all, please do not hesitate to ask. Just send an email to Rich Skoczylas, Courtyard Scheduling Coordinator, at email@example.com or reach out to me at Fran@ocws.org.
We look forward to seeing you at the Fair and getting back to sharing live fun, great laughs, and glasses of wine together in person!
– Fran Gitsham, 2021 Courtyard at the OC Fair Chair